Solio Deo Gloria ToursTimeline & Costs
Groups are not visiting SCOAN since Covid pandemic. You welcome to apply. We will add you to the group that is waiting. As soon as SCOAN open we will inform you.
Going to SCOAN is in the Spirit through the Spirit (not like a holiday when dates are fixed). We commit all to the Lord for Him to direct our steps. First, we do screening, then we submit information to SCOAN for an invitation letter. After receiving the invitation letter, we receive your finances before we confirm and book flights. Then only you can apply for leave at your workplace.
Your finances must be available when you apply. We ask for payment when you are invited. The last group that traveled 4th December 2019 paid R26 000 and the group of 27th December 2019 paid R26 800. These are straight flights with SAA. Group fees are determined and finalized on day of invitation and is influenced by the Rand Dollar exchange rate and flight availability. By grace if you are invited you need to do payment within 2 days. Budget between R27 000 and R29 000 for electronic transfers (EFT). No partial or late payments are accepted. Additional bank charges will be payable if you do a cash payment.
If your funds are not ready now, do not despair. We will gladly assist you when you are ready. Complete your application when you are ready. God’s time is the best.
If your resources are ready, you are welcome to continue and apply…
What Does The Tour Price Include?
1) visas and travel insurance,
2) return flights from Johannesburg to Lagos,
3) transport between Murtala Muhammed International airport in Lagos and SCOAN
4) one week “standard dormitory” accommodation at SCOAN
5) three meals per day, tea, coffee and filtered water.
What does the tour price exclude?
- Transport to O.R. Tambo International Airport.
- Connection flights to Johannesburg if you come from out of town; accommodation if you sleep over in Johannesburg before/after our tour flights. If you need to sleepover in JHB close to the airport, get accommodation close by. Note, should you book a connection flight upon return, please include sufficient time at the airport should the return flight be delayed.
- Passport charges, luggage insurance and pocket money.
SCOAN has two types of rooms available for international visitors; dormitories or private rooms.
Dormitory rooms are included in the standard tour fee ($800). These rooms have en-suite hot showers, toilets, iron boards with irons and have air conditioning. Pillows are provided with pillowcases and beds are covered with fitted sheets. No blankets are provided: you need to bring your own blanket.
Important note: Dormitories are separated for men and ladies. Husbands and wives should pack their clothing in separate suitcases.
Private rooms are available on request and dependable on availability ($4000). One private room accommodate 2 adults and 2 children.
Drinks, snacks, toiletries and groceries are all available for purchase at the new supermarket on the church premises.
There is a restaurant which provide Western food as well as Chinese food (at your own expense).
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION AND MALARIA
Yellow Fever Vaccination is compulsory to board the plane and visit Nigeria. The injection must be done 10 days before travel date according to international health regulations! Sometimes a person’s age or their health does not permit the vaccination. In these cases, the person must obtain a waiver letter from the doctor.
Malaria: Lagos is malaria area. The taking of anti-malaria tablets is optional, if taken consult your doctor on the side effects. You may also consider taking products like “Tabard” or “Peaceful Sleep”.
Coffee, tea and filtered water are available throughout the day. The accommodation does not have lifts or escalators. Visitors must be medically capable to climb stairs of five-story building without assistance and move around without assistance. Visitors are required to climb stairs several times a day between the dining room, dormitory and auditorium.
There are also no doctors, nurses and hospital equipment to look after people before the prayer line. Lagos is also very hot and humid.
No consumption of alcohol or any illegal drugs during flights or at SCOAN is permitted. No smoking facilities or smoking rooms are available, and smoking is strictly prohibited during the stay at SCOAN.
No ATM’s are on The SCOAN premises.
What If I Am Unable to Travel?
When you realize your health is not favourable for the guidelines of group traveling; you can do the following:
- You may choose to ask a family member to visit SCOAN and stand proxy for you (having a photo of you in the prayer line). They also may bring you the new morning water by grace.
- You may choose to apply on the SCOAN website to be an individual visitor on www.scoan.org.
- You may choose to phone the SCOAN prayer warriors to pray with you over the phone. See contact numbers on www.scoan.org.