Solio Deo Gloria ToursTimeline & Costs
When is the next visit?
Going to SCOAN is in the Spirit by the Spirit (not like a holiday when dates are fixed). In other words, we commit all to the Lord for Him to direct our steps. First we do screening, then we submit information to SCOAN for an invitation letter. After receive the invitation letter, we get finances from you before we confirm and book flights. Then only you can can apply for leave at your work places. (SCOAN arrange visas for us and we obtain the visa at LAGOS airport.)
When must I pay for the tour?
You finances must be already available when you apply. We ask the payment when you are invited. Budget at least R25 000 to fly with SAA straight flight. The amount will be finalized on day of invitation and is influenced by the exchange rate fluctuations and flight availability. By grace if you are invited we will expect you to do payment within 2 days. No partial or late payments are accepted. Tour price is with electronic transfers. Cash deposits will be charged an additional fee than the tour price due to bank charges.
If your funds are not ready now, do not apply now. Wait until you are ready. SCOAN spend many hours on your application by working through all your information, photos, videos, medical reports and passport information. Do not despair if you not ready now, let us know when you are ready, and we will help you visit our next screening.
If you have your resources in place you are welcome to apply…
What Does The Tour Price Include?
2) return flights from Johannesburg to Lagos,
3) transport between Murtala Muhammed International airport in Lagos and SCOAN
4) one week “standard dormitory” accommodation at SCOAN
5) three meals per day.
What does the tour price exclude?
- Transport to OR Tambo international airport.
- Connection flights to Johannesburg if you come from out of town; accommodation if you sleep over in Johannesburg before/after our tour flights and pocket money. If you need to sleepover in JHB close to the airport, get accommodation close by. Note, should you book a connection flight upon return, please include sufficient time at the airport should the return flight be delayed.
- Passport charges, luggage insurance.
The church has many rooms available for international visitors. The accommodation is either dormitories or private rooms – all with en-suite hot showers, toilets and air conditioning. Pillows are provided with pillowcases and beds are covert with fitted sheets; however no blankets are provided. If you are someone that will get cold with the air conditioning you need to bring yourself a blanket to sleep warm. Important notes: The standard dormitory will be included in the standard tour price. The dormitories are separated for men and ladies. Husbands and wives should pack their clothing separately. Private rooms are 4000$ per room for 2 adults and a child.
There is a special dining room for international visitors where three full meals are served a day. Coffee and tea are available throughout the day. Limited drinks, snacks and toiletries are all available for purchase at the shop on the church premises. Two restaurants opened in 2012 which provided Western food as well as Chinese food. Note that these two restaurants are in addition to your meals, and should you want to place an order it will be at your own expense.
No ATM’s are on The SCOAN premises.
No consumption of alcohol or any illegal drugs during flights or at SCOAN is permitted. No smoking facilities or smoking rooms are available and smoking is strictly prohibited during the stay at the SCOAN.
The SCOAN accommodation does not have lifts or escalators for dormitories. Visitors must be medically capable to climb stairs of five-story building without assistance and move around without assistance. People are required to climb stairs several times a day between the dining room, dormitory and auditorium. There are also no doctors, nurses and hospital equipment to look after people before the prayer line. Lagos is also very hot and humid.
What If I Am Unable To Travel
You might think “I realize my health is not favourable for SCOAN accommodation what must I do?”
- You may choose to ask a family member to visit SCOAN to stand proxy for you (having a photo of you in the healing line) and bring you anointing water by grace of God.
- You may choose to apply on the SCOAN website to be a daytime visitor for the prayer line at www.scoan.co.za.
- You may choose to phone the SCOAN / LAGOS prayer warriors to pray with you over the phone. See contact numbers on scoan.org.